Stock Routes


In Queensland, stock routes are located across the Sate for the primary purpose of moving stock by foot and supplying feed during drought conditions.

Whilst stock routes fall under the Queensland Government's jurisdiction, Council manages and maintains the stock routes on behalf of the State Government.

Using the stock routes

All stock routes in Queensland can be accessed by stock owners to move or graze livestock, or use a water facility on Queensland stock routes, you must apply for a permit.

Before applying, please refer to the Queensland Government guidelines for stock route travel permits and grazing (agistment) permits.

Stock routes in Queensland

Once you are familiar with the guidelines, please download and complete the application forms below and return to Balonne Shire Council.

Stock route travel permit

Grazing (agistment) permit for travelling stock

Stock route water facility agreement

Reporting Issues

There are two ways to report an issue on a stock route.

  • Snap Send Solve is a free app for your smartphone. Users can report issues and provide feedback to Council - whether you are a resident or visitor. 

  • Contact Council - 07 4620 8888 

    After-hours called will be logged for attention on the next business day.