Support for agribusiness, small business, and Balonne Shire economic growth
Council is committed to supporting local businesses to thrive. Our four main economic pillars are: cotton and grain, sheep and cattle, horticulture, and tourism.
Our economic development team can assist you to develop and grow your business through a range of support including:
- Business feasibility and planning
- Agribusiness support
- Small business support, training, mentoring and procurement
- Diversification and business growht/expansion (export, online, new services/products, new facilities)
- Accessing workforce development and training programs
- Site selection and development application support
- Introductions to key stakeholders (supply chain, investors, employment)
- Linkages to relevant Commonwealth and Queensland Government programs
- Links and introductions to shire, regional and national major projects
To discuss your business ideas, growing your business or investment opportunities contact:
Balonne Shire Council - Economic Development Officer
Phone: (07) 4620 8805
Calling for Expressions of Interest - Business Mentoring Program
Balonne Shire Council is calling for Expressions of Interest from Balonne Shire based businesses that are looking to expand, diversify and build resilience in their operations.
Following on from the highly successful past business mentoring programs, there are two (2) mentoring programs for this round:
• Program 1 – Open to all businesses (small-medium enterprises and agribusinesses) based in Balonne Shire.
• Program 2 – Open only to Tourism industry businesses based in Balonne Shire.
This is a competitive process Program 1 (25 spots) and Program 2 (15 spots) available.
These programs will benefit Balonne Shire based businesses through:
• Free dedicated and matched (shortlist) of one-on-one advisory/mentoring services (value of up to $7,500 ex GST);
• Free tailored workshops/webinars facilitated by industry leaders;
• Up to $2,000 in project funding per participant (application) to further assist business growth/expansion; and
• Strategy & development of action and business plans and other mentoring benefits.
Application open until Friday 1 Sepember 2023 (5pm AEST)
All applications to be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org