Rates Information and Payment Options

Rates for the Balonne Shire are issued twice in each financial year - usually ratepayers will receive their half-yearly notices in August and February. 

Once rates notices are issued, ratepayers have 30 days to take advantage of Council's rates discount.

  • Rates can be paid by: 

    • BPAY 

    • Cash (at the Council office) 

    • Cheque 

    • EFTPOS (Mastercard or Visa) 

    • Money Order 

    Rates can also be paid in advance, or by installments at any time. Many ratepayers find this helpful when budgeting. 

  • If you are having difficulty in paying your rates, please contact the Rates Department. Balonne Shire Council is always willing to work with ratepayers towards a reasonable arrangement for the settlement of rates. To apply to pay your rates by instalments please complete the following form and bring it in to the Council Office.

    Commitment to pay rates

    Authorising a Person or Organisation to Enquire of Act on your Behalf

  • Did you know you can now have your rates notice delivered straight to your inbox. 

    Application for Change of Address for Notices

  • Discounts are allowed for early payment as detailed on your rates notice.

    The full amount including any rate arrears and interest must be paid on or before the discount expiry date to receive the discount.

    Electronic payments processed after the nominated Payment Cut-off Time on the due date by your financial institution or bill payment service will not be eligible to receive a discount.

  • Approved Pensioners are advised that application forms are now available for the State Government’s Pensioner Rate Subsidy Scheme for the 2022/23 financial year.

    Pensioners wishing to apply for the subsidy will be required to be holders of a current

    • Centrelink – Pensioner Concession Card
    • Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Card
    • Department of Veterans Affairs PTEC card

    Applicants must produce their relevant pensioner card/s at the time of lodging their application.

    Previous applicants are not required to resubmit an application.

    Further particulars can be obtained by contacting Balonne Shire Council on (07) 4620 8888

    To apply for a Pensioner Rate Remission please complete the below form and return it to the Council Office.

    Application for Pensioner Rate Subsidy

  • Have you moved house? Or do you need to change the address or name that your Rates and Official Notices are sent to?

    Fill out this form and return to us, and your next Notice will be posted to your new address.

    Application for Change of Address for Notices

    Authorising a Person or Organisation to Enquire or Act on your Behalf

  • To apply for a Property, Building or Rates search please complete the Property Search Application form (PDF) and submit completed form and prescribed fee to Council's Office or by email to council@balonne.qld.gov.au.

    If you require any information not included above or have any other queries please contact Council's Rates Officer on (07) 4620 8888.

    Property Search Application Form