JOIN OUR TEAM!
Balonne Shire Council is seeking applications from reliable and motivated individuals to join our team in the position listed below:
Manager Transport Infrastructure
Balonne Shire Council is seeking a qualified infrastructure professional to provide technical advice and lead the construction and maintenance of Council's roads, drainage (including bridges), plant, fleet and aerodromes. As the Manager Transport Infrastructure, you will build networks with key stakeholders, negotiating and influencing to promote and embed the organisation's roads infrastructure strategies.
- Lead, manage and mentor a motivated, multidisciplinary team.
- Take a commercial approach to your work activities and processes.
- Develop key contractual relationships within the roads infrastructure sector.
- Expand your career and develop your management capabilities.
- Competitive remuneration with private use vehicle, salary sacrifice options and heavily subsidised housing.
Manager Finance Services
Balonne Shire Council is seeking a proactive and professional Manager Financial Services to provide both operational and strategic financial direction to effectively drive Balonne's financial long-term sustainability.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Corporate Services, the Manager Finance Services will provide leadership and guidance to the finance, procurement, and rating teams. A key focus will be supporting the senior leadership team to meet the Council's Corporate and Operational Plans that help make Balonne a great place to live.
Opportunities and Challenges
- Lead and influence sustainable financial outcomes for Council and its community.
- Support the senior leadership team to improve financial performance by building the financial capacity and capability across Council.
- Lead, develop and motivate staff creating a culture of high customer service and continuous improvement.
- Deliver effective and efficient financial services to key stakeholder groups.
Balonne Shire Council is seeking a proactive professional to investigate funding opportunities, write grant applications, and project manage grant funded community projects that make Balonne Shire a great place to live.
As a valued member of the Corporate Services and Finance team, the Grants Officer will research grant funding opportunities, keep track of project spending and report on project outcomes.
A key focus will be building positive relationships with government agencies, project leaders, clients, suppliers, and professional networks.
- Seek and project manage grant funding for community projects
- Optimise funding opportunities through stakeholder engagement
- Positively contribute to the community and make a difference
Corporate Communications Manager
Are you a communications specialist seeking a creative and challenging role in local government where no two days are the same?
As the Corporate Communications Manager for Balonne Shire Council, you will report directly to the CEO and work on strategic corporate communications to engage and connect with the local community.
Trainee - Horticulture Dirranbandi
Throughout the traineeship, the trainee will be required to complete a Certificate II in Horticulture, whilst gaining experience in parks and gardens maintenance, small plant operation, general labouring works on road and street maintenance, and water supply and sewerage operation and maintenance, while employed in the position of Horticulture Traineeship.
The traineeship will cover a 12-month period. Continued employment on completion will be subject to organisational needs and cannot be guaranteed.
Trainee - Business Administration
Community and Environmental Services Department
The Business Administration Trainee is responsible for providing administrative and customer service support for Council’s Community and Environmental administration functions while under training through the traineeship.
Media and Communications Officer
Balonne Shire Council is seeking a media and communications professional to deliver timely, relevant, accurate, and consistent information across different mediums including print, radio, television, online and social media. As the Media and Communication Officer, you will maximise media coverage, build relationships with key stakeholders, and engage with the community to promote and expand the Council's media presence.
- Showcase your digital media skills on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Become an integral part of the community while expanding media opportunities.
- Prepare press releases, speeches, briefing notes, and presentations that represent the voice of the Council.
- Act as a critical link between Council and the media.
- Broaden media knowledge and experience in a rural environment.