Draft Planning Scheme
From 1 April Council is seeking community feedback on the new Draft Planning Scheme, made under section 18 of the Planning Act 2016, which will be in place for the next 20 years.
It is important our businesses and residents take the time to review the document as it will affect what you do now and into the future.
Council in partnership with the Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning will host a series of Meet the Planner sessions:
- St George Cultural Centre on 3 April from 5-7pm
- Dirranbandi Civic Centre on 4 April from 5-7pm
- Two Mile Hotel, Mungindi on 29 April from 5-7pm
- Francis Hotel, Thallon on 30 April from 5-7pm
- Bollon Civic Centre on 1 May from 5-7pm
The Draft Planning Scheme will be available for public consultation from 1 April 2019 to 7 June 2019 inclusive. Copies of the draft planning scheme will be available for viewing online and for inspection at Council's customer service centre in St George and Council's libraries.
We would appreciate businesses and residents providing formal feedback in the form of properly made submissions. For a submission to be considered properly made it must:
- Be in writing and signed by each person making the submission if it is not lodged electronically;
- Be received on or before 5pm on 7 June 2019;
- State the name and residential or business address of each person making the submission; and
- State the grounds of the submission, and facts and circumstances relied on in support of these grounds.
A submission may object to to all or part of the scheme, and/or support all or part of the scheme.
Submissions can be lodged:
- Online using the electronic submission form
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person at Council's main office at 118 Victoria Street, St George; or
- Via post by letter to Balonne Shire Council PO Box 201, St George, Qld 4487.
Please read the below overview and descriptions of the proposed zones in Council's Draft Planning Scheme and provide us with your feedback.