Pest Animal Planning Meeting
Tuesday 28 August 2018 1pm St George Cultural Centre, light lunch provided.
Balonne Shire Council invites you to attend a Pest Animal Planning Meeting to assist in developing a long-term strategy to manage pest animals across the Shire.
It’s important that we have a plan to maximise the benefits of pest fencing within our Shire. Ensuring these benefits are possible, it is important to keep pest animal numbers low on the outside of fences as well as on the inside, if the long-term benefits are to be achieved!
To achieve this, we need input from stakeholders from all agricultural industries to develop the most effective strategy possible.
Guest Speakers are:-
- Greg Mifsud [National Wild Dog Co-Ordinator Invasive Species.]
- Issues to consider when developing a Plan
- John Cuskelly [Biosecurity QLD]
- Biosecurity plans and who does what
- Cameron Wilson [BQ Charleville]
- Update on where fences are and Scalp data
- Open to the Floor Session
- Where to next /start planning/next steps
We need your input on this matter whether you’re a livestock farmer, irrigation farmer or a dryland farmer as all these pest animals affect you!
For further information & RSVP please contact Karl Hempstead, Manager Rural Services & Compliance on mobile 0429 208 861
Tuesday 28 August 1pm St George Cultural Centre, light lunch provided.